Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chevron Mania, or 'Chevrania'

For the past year, I've been preoccupied with chevron, so preoccupied that I consulted my desktop thesaurus and came up with a name for it: Chevrania. This barely beat out 'Chevsession,' which is arguably just as void of wittiness. Celebrity tabloids have taught me many things, but one of the biggies is that if you want to coin a term for something, just awkwardly merge two words or names that are associated (e.g. Brangelina, TomKat) and force feed it to people until it sticks.

Chevrania started when I saw this dress on BurdaStyle. Since then, I've been saving images of anything in the shape of a zig zag.


Dress by michelleiswell. The asymmetry really makes it. I could pass on the collar, but who am I to critique?


Vintage chevron dress from Elizabeth Wren


* * *


My Chevrania has been mainly focused on interiors lately.


The combination of the herringbone parquet and overlay flooring is pretty awesome / Roman and Williams


Aside from the flooring, this is just a really amazing kitchen / Roman and Williams


Shot from Remodelista


Erin Adams Herringbone for Ann Sacks


Really expensive rug by Madeline Weinrib
And I know it's expensive because they don't even list the price. You have to 'contact to inquire'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great! Now I have Chevrania!

Brenda said...

Oh, just to make you jealous - we have the "chevrania" wood flooring in our flat. :) You'll like it when you come visit as it will be in your room!

Krista Seidl said...

Oooo. I can't wait. I can continue my obsession (and maybe think of a better term).