Friday, April 10, 2009

Fuck you, Gocco

So I had a gocco disaster when I tried to print our save the dates a while back. It really wasn't Mr. Gocco's fault as I soon learned the intended design was totally inappropriate for the medium, but I was still angry with him.

To add to the mess, I also lost a goodly number of freshly addressed, lined, and stamped envelopes out of my car window when I was in an accident last month. I thought these were fated to never go out.

But my luck changed. I'm fortunate to have a generous matron of honor and mother that helped redo things in a matter of a couple hours. I had other offers of support (thanks, Betsy!) which warmed my heart. And it turns out that the combination letterpress-offset cards look beautiful.

My moo-cow creamer, who also survived the crash, makes his debut on this blog


printed with all soy-based inks


paper is Mohawk Superfine Eggshell-finish White (manufactured with windpower)


liner paper is French Mod-Tone Violet (wish I had a better picture)
envelopes are Paper Source Khaki, sized A6



And as for Gocco, we will hopefully be more successful printing our thank you notes, so he can redeem himself in my eyes.

No comments: