Friday, April 24, 2009

Four eyes

I was recently perusing the Oliver Peoples site for a couple reasons: 1) I love spectacles (not 'glasses', but 'spectacles'), and 2) like most people, I have a girl-crush on their spokesmodel Zooey Deschanel.

I love spectacles I was one of those kids that always wanted to wear specs. I've been blessed with over 20/20 vision, but not without a little vexation over the fact that I could look so much more intelligent and urbane with specs. I've owned a fake pair once, which I wore for a week, but then I just felt really vain and developed this paranoia that everyone else could see through my ruse.

These beauts are too expensive for me to use in my next cunning attempt to appear sophisticated and indie cool, but they are beauts:



Tycoon


Sheldrake / my brother should wear these


Riley



Deacon



Zooey Deschanel and Matt Costa did this cute little video campaign for Oliver Peoples.




I have a girl crush on Zooey Deschanel She could sell me most things. The other day, I saw this commercial she was in and I remember saying to myself "I want whatever this is advertising" and then I figured out it was for Cotton, the Fabric of Our Lives. But then I just tried to figure out how I should go about buying more cotton.

Oh, and I'm really digging her band with M Ward, She & Him. I know, I'm living in a musical time capsule from 2008.

No comments: