Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It really tied the room together

White vinyl venetian blinds have no place outside of a heroin den, but they've been in our bedroom for seven months.

I prefer that my windows and the light that was intended to come through them are left unviolated even if it creates some awkward moments with the old guy next door who's always outside smoking on his porch. But I can deal with the knowledge that my neighbors see me naked on a regular basis -- it's the price I'm willing to pay for maximum natural light.

In the past, the first thing I did in a new apartment was to get rid of the dreaded mini blinds, but Rob values privacy more than I do and also needs a dark room to hibernate, so I've had to compromise a bit. I'd gotten away with hiding the blinds in almost every room but the bedroom, where they continued to assault the finer senses.

Well, we found these awesome curtains last weekend, so the problem is solved. And they really do tie the room together.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

ha. Love the big lebowski reference. I am with you on the blinds - can definitely deal with being seeing naked over having shady (pun intended) coverings on my windows. And yes, I agree - they do tie the room together. :)