Thursday, February 12, 2009

I plan to steal from my grandmother

I was looking through my Grandma Issy's wedding album recently. She really gets a kick out of going through all the pictures and explaining the customs and I get a kick out of her 'getting a kick.'

Her wedding day was an ordeal -- it was a full day of celebration which included all three meals and apparently a lot of keg drinking (see below). It wasn't super-schmancy and I think that made it all the more beautiful... and fun. Also, I love the masses of evergreen boughs and I'm totally ripping off that idea for our decorations.




Cedar boughs filled the garage where the evening party was held


Grandma drinking beer in a very lady-like fashion


Prost to Grandma Issy and Bop Joe


She wore red lipstick -- brave woman

No comments: