Thursday, March 5, 2009

I could deal with having a country home

I really enjoy the NYTimes Great Homes and Destinations section. It enables my guilty pleasure of peeking in the windows of other people's dwellings.

I'm fascinated by homes that deserve names other than their street address. It doesn't need to be grand in size or have luxurious amenities to be christened; it just has to have a pulse of its own and the ability to influence the way you live and interact with others in a positive way. I appreciate homes that bring people together and ease socialization.

The Beekman is grand in size (and kind of ridiculous looking on the outside), but it demands its own name because you get the sense that it's living. I can picture myself spending hours in that kitchen everyday.









No comments: