Thursday, March 19, 2009

Honeymoon, v2.0

Rob and I had settled on Port Douglas, Australia for our honeymoon a while back for some quality beachtime and wildlife adventures. Then we read that it's jellyfish season when we're going, which means the dreams I had of myself romping in the waves and having a From Here to Eternity-style make-out session came to a screeching halt.

As my dad (an avid National Geographic reader) told me, take whatever bizarro wildlife we have in the States and multiply the danger-factor by ten in Australia. I'm picturing jellyfish with the head of a bear and the tail of a scorpion thirsty for blood -- my blood.

So instead, a location that was on our initial list was resurrected: Morocco. This change turns out to be a great thing because we've been much more excited to plan honeymoon, v2.0. The thought is to spend most of the time in Marrakech where we can use Starwood points from his parents at Le Meridien (awesome). We're deciding between Essaouira or Agadir for a 3-day seaside excursion where we'll stay in a more traditional riad. As long as I have myself a camel-ride on the beach, I'm a happy bride.

Side note: did you know that camels can reach 40mph?

Shop 'til we drop in the souk


Djemaa el Fna / good eats


A black soap rub-down at Les Bains de Marrakech


Ben Youssef Mosque

Images from NYTimes.com

No comments: