Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Writing partner... check

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved. --NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month is coming up in November. It's piqued my interests in previous years, but I've never participated. I feel like writing 175 pages of crap in one month would be like training for a marathon -- you need a training partner to get through something like that and guilt you into working when you're thinking of every excuse not to.

I just coerced my friend Amie into joining me. She works as writer for Shopbop in Madison, which is a pretty awesome job. So by day, she's works as more of a "sprinter" in the writing world (if we're going to keep this whole running metaphor going), whereas I find walking challenging.

Hopefully I'll be able to limp to the finish line on November 30.

No comments: