Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sunday distraction

Rob was working all Sunday, so I got some quality weekend time to myself to get all crafty. I decided to sew a really simple apron pattern from Amy Butler's Stitches (instead of working on an informative website for our wedding guests... more on that later). It was my first attempt at pleats. My previous experience has been more about making basic stitches and trying to keep them straight, so it was a step-up for me.

I think it turned out pretty well, but in the future, I would probably make this pattern a lot shorter. I could correct this version, but who am I kidding?

Below are the awkward shots of me trying to photograph the finished project on myself:




1 comment:

Aleks said...

I have yet to master pleats. Actually... I have yet to try them. I am quite sure that your pleats are stunning. (:

Let me know if you want to borrow the Amy Butler baby book! (: